What if the County Court Judgment is not mine?

If you believe that you do not owe the money for any reason, you can apply to the Court to set aside the Judgment. However, you must have specific legal grounds to set Judgment aside. It is not a guaranteed process and each case is decided at a Judge’s discretion. If you require further advice with regards to setting a Judgment aside, we would recommend that you seek independent legal advice and/or contact your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau. So that we can ensure that no further action is taken whilst this investigation / application is made, please ensure you contact the office to confirm your intentions. If there is the potential that you believe the debt is fraudulent, you should contact Action Fraud to lodge your suspicions. They can then provide you with a crime reference number if required.

Category: Legal Process