County Court Judgment

Home > County Court Judgment

Managing your County Court Judgment 

We understand having a County Court Judgment can be a frightening and challenging time. Our recommendations on how you should take the first few steps in resolving your situation are:

Don’t ignore the problem – it won’t go away but we can help you through it. At TM Legal Services, we want to work with you to resolve your financial situation.

Please visit our Contact Us page or complete the form to arrange a call back at a time that is convenient for you.

What happens if I do not keep to the terms of a County Court Judgment?

If you receive a County Court Judgment and do not keep to the terms set out, we can ask the court to enforce the County Court Judgment.

There are several ways to do this, including:

  • Bailiff action
  • Attachment of earnings
  • Charging order

Bailiff action:

We can apply to county court for a bailiff to collect the County Court Judgment. If the court grants permission, it will issue a Warrant of Execution.

This gives the bailiff the power to visit your home or business to collect the money you owe, or to seize goods that could be sold to repay the County Court Judgment.

You can ask the court to suspend the Warrant and let you pay back the money at an affordable rate. We recommend that you get help from an adviser to do this.

Attachment of Earnings:

An Attachment of Earnings Order asks for the money owed to be deducted by your employer from your wages.

Charging Order:

If you own a property (either with a mortgage or outright) we can ask for a Charging Order to be secured on it.

If you would like one of our friendly agents to call you, complete the form below.
By submitting this form you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy.